The HPE StoreFabric Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) are dual port adapters that provide Ethernet, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel (FC) connectivity over 10 GbE using both Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) standards. By consolidating Ethernet, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel onto a converged adapter, HPE CNAs reduce the number of separate adapters and cables required for your datacenter and also reduce operational, power and cooling costs while preserving existing Ethernet and Fibre Channel infrastructure.
HPE CNAs have also been thoroughly tested with HP ProLiant servers and HP Top of Rack (ToR) switches to ensure an optimal HP FCoE solution for your datacenter.
- Combines the functionality of a NIC (Ethernet/iSCSI) and Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter (FC HBA) onto a single converged adapter reducing the number of adapters and cables thus reducing acquisition and operational costs.
- Dual port 10Gb Ethernet Converged Network Adapter.
- Active Health System (AHS).
- HPE UEFI v0.9 (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) implementation for Gen 9 FCoE, NIC, iSCSI.
- RDMA capable, RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE)/SMB Direct.
- Sends Fibre Channel data packets via Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) using Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) functionality ensuring high standards of data integrity and lossless Ethernet.
- Select Gen9 server (DL380p, DL360p, ML350p) and DL580p Gen8 support.
Provides HP ProLiant Connectivity to Storage and Networks
- Provides an HPE-branded Converged Network Adapter solution which has undergone extensive HPE interoperability testing for connecting HPE ProLiant servers into storage and networking environments.
- Optimal for connecting into the B-series and C-series FCoE Converged Network Switches.
- Choose between SFP+ SR (optical) or direct attach copper cable connectivity allowing maximum flexibility in connecting to HPE FCoE Converged Network Switches.